Monday, July 29, 2013

When No News is Good News

The hardest part of loving someone who is an addict is the fact that you can't stop. 

You can't separate yourself, even when it really hurts.

Even when your mind has been spinning for days, for weeks, for months, wondering how did this phase pull years along with it?

The fear that you live with, waiting to hear what you are terrified of has finally happened.

That the person you love more than anything, is just.... gone.

I'm not sure what I could do to help if I were home, but somehow being on the other side of the world feels wrong.

Not being with my family feels wrong.

Being alone feels wrong.

The realization that there is absolutely nothing I can do from here other than make a skype call is unsettling. 


I am homesick in a way I had yet to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment