Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Japanese Home

So, I thought after almost a year of living here, I'd give you a little look at what life in Japan for me is like. This is the box I call home. It's small, but it's perfect for one.


















( A new set of eating utensils)




(A picture my favorite student made for me)










( It will never be like this again, and thats as beautiful as it is tragic)


(Keeping a piece of home with me, and a reminder that, yes, once my parents were young too.)




(This little red guy is used in the Japanese New Year to make a wish with. You color in one eye at the beginning of the year when you make a wish and by the change of the next year you color in the second eye if it came true. My one eye has now been colored in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment